No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II  (Read 332574 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2012, 04:58:01 AM »
Oh David!  WOW!  WOW!  WOW!  WOW! 

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2012, 04:28:07 PM »
Ooh, great Vizner pieces, David!
Apart from the tall "monster" I have never seen any of them before...

I can not decide which one I like most -- maybe the sculputral green ones :)

Michael

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2012, 04:51:09 PM »
Somebody's christmas must have come a bit early - I particularly love the bulgy green Vizners...
I need a bigger house and pots of money!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #173 on: November 30, 2012, 01:57:26 AM »
Thanks for all your positive comments.  These additions have forced me finally to start rearranging my main cabinet. It's leading to some tough decisions.

The monster, btw, isn't one of those pieces with internal bubbles. The effect comes from what almost looks like square sections of glass laid on top of each other quite unevenly. 

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #174 on: November 30, 2012, 06:52:19 AM »
Well done, David! I love it when someone brings new examples to this thread...

I'm trying to ID them by pattern number, could you give some dimensions? The monster 30 cm could be either 6844 or 6852, can't decide between them. What do others think?

The Vizner-Svobodova inspired is probably 6950 if it's 16 cm high (or not listed when it's higher, but that's the pattern I think), and I've trouble trying to find an exact match to the emerald green ones, so some heights would definitely help there...

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #175 on: November 30, 2012, 08:30:38 AM »
I think you're pretty well spot on Astrid. The Vizner Svobodova is 16 cm tall, which makes 6950 a safe bet.  i think the monster is 6852 because I think that's the square model. The green ones I take to be 7550/20 and 7550/13,  as the sizes and shapes are right for those two.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline astrid

• Members
« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2012, 11:44:08 AM »
Yep, sounds quite right, thanks!... I hadn't got to 1975 yesterday, I was looking backwards towards the late sixties.

Wouldn't it be great if we all together could post a live example of every Skrdlovice pattern out there... Well, we can certainly try :)

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2012, 05:59:20 PM »
My 40th birthday present... a fantastic Vizner 'egg' vase from 1968. It's both refined and completely silly at the same time, and I'm thrilled to have it. Yay me!

Offline astrid

• Members
« Reply #178 on: December 07, 2012, 07:02:41 PM »
Looking great! Sadly my husband doesn't have enough knowledge or inclination to go glass hunting to find me a present like that... So, to cheer me up, please tell me you point it out to whoever is supposed to buy it for you :)

Astrid

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2012, 07:38:32 PM »
Oh Astrid, Astrid, Astrid...

Unfortunately, my husband is but a mere mortal, unknowledgable about glass or designers, and clueless about how to go about finding me what I'd really like for my collection.

I tracked down the vase myself, inquired about it, agreed to buy it, paid for it, made arrangements for it to be sent from the Czech Republic, retrieved it from the postman, unpacked it, thanked the seller, wrapped it, and gave it to my husband so that he could present it to me today.  A perfect present. :-X

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand