Author Topic: Vasart Monart ink bottle or neither ?  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Gary

• Members
Re: Vasart Monart ink bottle or neither ?
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2012, 07:27:14 PM »
The type of base on Ysart glass is one helpful way of putting a time span on when a certain type of base was used. http://www.ysartglass.com/Ysart/IDguide1.htm
The type (one) on Kevins bottle was in use only on early Monart (circa 1924-1929) and used through out the Vasart period.
Gary

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2012, 06:09:20 PM »
This is a quote from myself in earlier part of this thread " I am in no doubt that Kevins Ysart bottle is not the Monart shape HE. ", I would like to retract that statement, further research into the variance of particular Monart shapes, it has shown me there can be a wide variance in dimensions from two pieces with the same shape and size code, which opens up the possibility of Kevins bottle being the shape HE.
I  still believe this was not a regular Monart production piece, for the reasons give earlier in this thread "the positioning of the canes are poor, they are up and down and not in a straight row and not what one would except in a piece of Monart"
Gary

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2012, 10:28:42 PM »
Thanks for that update, Gary.

I hope that one day we will see something that helps to tell the true story of this bottle. :)
KevinH

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com