No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Lampwork elephant with opalescent tusks & eyes  (Read 10980 times)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Re: Lampwork elephant with opalescent tusks & eyes
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 06:22:16 PM »
And big thanks to Frank too :-[ :-*
Anne E.B

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline parkerhouse777

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • USA
Re: Lampwork elephant with opalescent tusks & eyes
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 07:56:30 AM »
Hi, it has been interesting reading this thread. I just wanted to share my "pink" elephant with opal tusks and ears and red eyes.
I am told that he was made by Max Traut. He is 3 1/4" tusk to tail and 3 1/4" foot to top of trunk. He is filled with perfume and bears two labels - Made in France and Lilas (not Lilac). Typically, the Made in France refers to the perfume, I believe. If someone has more information on this perfume bottle, I would appreciate it. I have also attached a page from a Max Traut catalog with an elephant similar to mine.
Thanks.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand