No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID please on lovely lidded bowl = Bagley David pattern  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Simone

• Members
    • Glass Forums
ID please on lovely lidded bowl = Bagley David pattern
« on: March 23, 2006, 10:42:51 PM »
It's not pressed glass, and is either cut glass or crystal. It's about 2 1/2" high and 2 1/2" diameter. There's no identifying marks or numbers on this, so it might be a hard one to guess.

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6
Picture 7
Women and cats will do as they please,
and men and dogs should get used to the  idea.

Offline Adam

• Glass Professional
  • Members
  • Sowerby 1949-56, Davidson 1956-61, Jobling 1961-72
ID please on lovely lidded bowl currently used for raisins
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 11:44:56 AM »
Pressed.  No one would spend a lot of money cutting a blank with a bubble as big as that in the rim!

"Crystal" is generally used to describe a high-lead glass.  No reason why a pressed piece should not be made in this composition, particularly as it significantly improves the appearance of a pseudo-cut pattern such as this.  

Adam D.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
ID please on lovely lidded bowl currently used for raisins
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 01:43:38 PM »
Bagley David pattern made from 1930 to 1975 - I think. Funnily enough I've just seen one in a local charity shop, we could start a cafe thread, new uses for old dressing table sets or parts thereof.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand