No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Paul Ysart Paperweight Inkwell  (Read 5742 times)

Offline Gary

• Members
Re: Paul Ysart Paperweight Inkwell
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 09:44:48 AM »
Thanks Kevin, the museum has at least 4 boxes of Monart and Moncrieff archives. The archives boxed materail is no specific order as such and I have only been through two of them so far. I am going back today to photograph the full Monart glass collection and if I have time I will try and find out some more info on label used for export to Paul Jokelson.
Not sure what you mean by point 1. "or one of the two sizes of "CG Made In Scotland" ie what does CG stand for, I take it you don't mean Caithness Glass.
Gary

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 10:36:58 PM »
Hmm. Something's up with my brain recently.

I was thinking of Caithness Glass labels, as they do have "Made In Scotland" on them. But clearly that makes no sense in connection with a Monart archive invoice! ::)
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 10:56:31 PM »
As Monart ceased production in late 1961, it seems inconceivable (IMHO) that Moncrieff's would start putting labels on one of the last batch (possibly the last batch) of paperweights and inkwells exported to Paul Jokelson.
Gary

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand