No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ZBS Camel?  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Alton11

• Members
ZBS Camel?
« on: May 28, 2012, 01:20:32 AM »
I could not find anything like this online, so was wondering if someone just put the sticker on it( although I once had an elephant of similar color with the same blue ZBS sticker affixed).  It is a sitting camel ( 8 x 5 inches ) and fades from amber to clear near the face, humps, and tail. Thnx for looking.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: ZBS Camel?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 03:24:31 AM »
I can see why you're concerned as it looks like one of the clunkier ZBS pieces i've seen. Is it a later one, with made in Czech Republic, rather than made in Czechoslovakia, on the label. That might account for its appearance.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: ZBS Camel?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 04:19:03 AM »
Hi,

You can find your camel in the 1991/8 edition of the Czechoslovak Glass Review, accessible through the Ceskoslovenske sklo website: http://www.cs-sklo.cz/

Here is a quick link to the 1991/8 CGR: Two-humped ZBS camel

There is a slightly different one-humped camel in the 1987/4 CGR.

Anik

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand