No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Luciano Vistosi Vase & Bowl  (Read 2176 times)

Offline horochar

• Members
Luciano Vistosi Vase & Bowl
« on: March 25, 2006, 09:52:10 AM »
Here are two of my most prized pieces, an oversized double cased (black, white and tan) "mushroom" shaped vase and matching large, flat bowl.  They are marked with silver foil "Oggetti" label.  Oggetti is a small Miami based firm that began importing higher-end Murano glass in the 1970s.  The founders of the company are 90% certain these were produced by Luciano Vistosi.  They wrote to me that they "should" be signed, either on bottom or in tiny etched letters on rim, however I can't find a signature anywhere.  Information on this artist is very scant, other than that he created a popular line of cased lamps in the 1970s and he currently produces massive glass sculptures.  Has anyone seen comparable signed pieces?  For comparison, does anyone have pictures of any OTHER vase or bowl by L.V.?  I'd be curious to see!
Thanks,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand