No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: GTS Mystery #27  (Read 8266 times)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: GTS Mystery #27
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2017, 05:28:36 PM »
Thanks Jayne, I spotted that last night and forgot to go back and sort it - I've moved it out now. I've also relocated a couple of other images - one of which was a m/s #27 candlestick shown with other pieces in the m/s #163 album - the colour looks like a spot on match, so that might give us another clue as to who made both sets if we can find a catalogue entry for either. 

Also, m/s #027 has three different candlestick styles shown with other pieces, so perhaps these were (as the late Bernard Cavalot was wont to say) mix and match sets depending on what the retailer wanted to offer for sale?

PS sorry I forgot to mark the dead link above as merged, Paul.  :-[
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2017, 07:45:11 PM »
thanks for the explanation Anne :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Jayne

• Members
    • Trinket Sets, Uranium, Varied,
    • England, UK
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 01:06:31 AM »
Another GTS Mystery set 27 in blue but with more conventional ‘stick’ candleholders.

Thanks Anne, well done sorting the images etc. You could be completely correct about the mix and match style of making up sets in this case however; what I would say about Fred's post regarding the conventional candlesticks is firstly they are 2 different types of candlestick, secondly I believe I recognise the candlesticks from 2 other Mystery sets.

Regarding the pink set in Fred's post the sticks appear to be well known as part of the podium shaped finial set (see link below).

Regarding the blue set in Fred's post, I believe the sticks in the set belong to the set in the second link below, they match very well stylistically. (I also believe this set could be another Junior Miss type set - the pots are tiny, I have some at home)

Thirdly I know from experience that the eBay seller (whose permission Fred obtained for the pink set images) sometimes matches trinket items colour wise and makes trinket set marriages, and lastly that I have seen the set with the looped sticks at least 10 times in all colours and clear.

Interestingly the tray in your Mystery set 163 appears to be the same tray as in the possible Junior Miss Set, so yes many of the pieces could be from the same maker, but regarding this one http://www.glasstrinketsets.com/Gallery/displayimage.php?pid=1088 I also suggest the stick has been randomly added in a marriage.

The Pink set sticks : Podium finial Set
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,50039.0.html

The Blue set Sticks: Another possible Junior Miss style Set
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,35422.0.html
Please help identify Mystery Glass Trinket Sets
https://www.glasstrinketsets.com/Gallery/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum