No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ZBS Figurines  (Read 3945 times)

Offline BSevern

• Members
Re: ZBS Figurines
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 03:12:08 PM »
Anik your Aphrodite figurine is wild, interesting, and definitely evokes thought :)

Robert the pieces came from the ZBS sample/stock room, some of the pieces had been there for many years according to the lady that was in charge of their stock.  Another piece I purchased was a wonderfully done Native American Indian, but I gave it to my father. 

I thought the glass blower might have been a unique piece when I found him, actually there were two, I picked up both and gave one to my Mother.

Perhaps someone should produce a book on these whimsical figurines.  I would imagine they have quite an interesting history, and certainly there is a unique and interesting assortment of figurines.

BTW I was able to attend the Harrach 300th Anniversary Glass Symposium at Harrachov which kicked off their 300th Anniversary celebration. They shut down production that day, and had invited the top Czech glass blowers competing to make the best pieces of glass for the day.   Groups of four teams would go at once, given an hour to create their masterpieces.  Petr Novosad showed us a sample copy of the Harrach book by Jan Mergl, and we were able to get a preview of the Harrach exhibition at the UPM in Praha.  They did a great job at the Symposium, fun was had by all.

Happy hunting,
Brian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand