No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: VeArt pendant lamp  (Read 4659 times)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
VeArt pendant lamp
« on: May 31, 2012, 01:14:35 PM »
I've a large VeArt pendant lamp, presumably from the late 1970s / early 1980s based on the colour scheme. Just wondering about the designer.

VeArt lamps in this style tend to be attributed to Lino Tagliapietra, but I've not seen anything beyond assertion to back this up.

Whoever designed it knew a lot about glass and the transmission of light. Unlit, it is a crosshatch of yellow, blue-green and opal canes, but when lit the exterior is transformed into a patchwork of pink, blue and yellow whilst the interior stays the same.

Thanks for looking.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: VeArt pendant lamp
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 09:26:03 PM »
Gorgeous piece, Nic.  Sorry I can't help.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 03:26:12 AM »
Thanks for taking a look anyway.  :)

I'm trying to decide how much I like it myself - was a bit of a shock to wire it up and have it turn pink and blue!

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 10:26:12 PM »
ooh, isn't that a keeper?  I like that. 
Having said that I would get seriously annoyed if I'd bought it for the colour scheme unlit. 
Reminds me of my stunning lime green bowl I bought which when unwrapped(and out of the fluorescent tube lights of the charity shop) was knicker elastic pink  >:(  I sold it.
m

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 01:05:33 AM »
I did buy it intending to keep it, which is rare for me... but the pink clashes a bit with the room it was intended for.

::)

I'm sure someone will love it. Would look quite cheery hung over a dining table at eye-level, I reckon.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 12:03:50 PM »
Over the dining table is the only place I reckon you can put this downlight sort of shade..... unless its for lighting something specific, such as your elegant minimalist display, just shown on the "displays" thread.
I simply don't have space for minimalism, I can't do it. Just sitting still, stuff accumulates around me in great heaps. :-[

It would be really lovely in use.  :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 02:09:06 PM »
Thanks for taking a look anyway.  :)

I'm trying to decide how much I like it myself - was a bit of a shock to wire it up and have it turn pink and blue!

Still gorgeous!!

I would IF you try a different *color* of light bulb in it, might it help?  Maybe a colored blue blue will make it stay more the color of the shade?  You can buy so many different color of bulbs these days...

Worth a shot!!  Worth a try....
   ;)

I would try that.  I think it is a keeper, IMHO

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 10:08:54 AM »
Aye, minimalism is great in theory - but I don't have the willpower to maintain it either.

The photographs here and in the display section are taken at the end of my new office/studio which I use when items need photographing in-situ, so it has to stay tidy. And whatever items I love most can stay there for a week or so until new stock comes in.

It's minimalism on a rota, which is ideal for a natural hoarder like me!

Rose, the lamp was going to go above my work area so the bulb colours I could use are quite limited. Daylight bulbs didn't affect the pinky-blueness of it.

Offline Jurgen

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 12:31:23 PM »
Hi all.....I'm thinking 80's and not lino................Jerry

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 12:58:51 PM »
I couldn't find any link between Lino and the lamp either, and put it down to wishful thinking of sellers.

I thought there was a chance it might be late 70s, purely because of the colours - but I couldn't find any reference for the label on the glass so I'm happy enough to be wrong on that if it was only used during the 1980s.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand