No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 4  (Read 321905 times)

Offline Leni

• Members
Re: (Themed) glass displays - show me yours, I'll show you mine... part 4
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2012, 07:57:17 AM »
Well, I certainly enjoyed it, and I can think of someone else who probably did, too  ;)  I think I spotted a couple of 'triffids' in your collection, which is what most of mine consists of. 

I'm shown my collection before, but I'm always adding to it so here it is again.  I can't show it under UV light, as I'm not good enough at photographing things under UV, but here's a link to a pic of my Uranium cabinet.  It's even had a few additions since the pic was taken, but I can't keep taking a new pic every time I buy something else  ;D

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/YdZR_v1V9Y32mJKYEzgbY06VT9CPW4RONEljdDcuTzc?feat=directlink

Not sure how much more I can fit in! What shall I do then?  I've already moved all the Cranberry and Uranium stuff out to a shelf in another cabinet!  :o

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/-vJaUrYJPvkWyExvJG_k4E6VT9CPW4RONEljdDcuTzc?feat=directlink

Leni

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline iCollect

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Green Uranium Glass
    • Australia
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2012, 08:02:15 AM »
Thanks for the positive reviews! Yes Triffids are Scarce here were I live I think most of the ones I own I have bought over from England.

I Love both of your collection photos! Any of your pieces missing 'Thorns'? There hard too find in undamaged condition!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2012, 08:07:42 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D  I had to laugh at your question! While I do have a few in perfect condition, MOST of my collection are missing thorns! - at the very least!  Many are missing toes, feet and even legs!  ::)  You are right, it is nearly impossible to find these without damage of some sort.  But as long as they 'still display well' as the saying goes, I don't mind   :)       
Leni

Offline iCollect

• Members
    • Green Uranium Glass
    • Australia
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2012, 08:15:34 AM »
Haha, Glad im not the only one who hides little missing parts! That large Candelabra? you have in the middle on the top shelf is impressive! Could you post a picture of it on its own?

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2012, 08:53:56 AM »
Ah!  That one is actually one of the ones in perfect condition! Not a thorn tip missing!  :D 

Since you like my collection, here's a link to the picasa album.  Enjoy!  ;D

https://picasaweb.google.com/elaine.simons/TriffidsAndAudreys?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMG4ib6xwsbQSQ&feat=directlink
Leni

Offline iCollect

• Members
    • Green Uranium Glass
    • Australia
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2012, 09:02:14 AM »
Fantastic photographs! Makes me want too hunt a few more of these for my own collection!

This one is a beauty (any chance of selling?? :P :P)
https://picasaweb.google.com/elaine.simons/TriffidsAndAudreys?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMG4ib6xwsbQSQ&feat=directlink#5785843458704522834

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2012, 09:49:48 AM »
Alister,
(sorry, not been on this thread for a while)

I think some of the swans on your top shelf are Edinburgh Crystal ones. I've seen them with labels on, have come to be able to recognise them, although your images don't blow up quite well enough for me to be sure....

and... big question here! Do I see a neodynum deer with coloured long horns in there? Are the horns amber, and are they uranium, and is there any other colour in it?

Does it look as if it is related to this little beauty? (scroll down to the second post for the daylight pics)

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,47686.msg268348.html#msg268348
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Linsmins

• Members
    • Miniatures
    • UK
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2012, 08:34:09 PM »
Most of my glass collection is from the North East of England, with a preference for that of the glassworks of my home town Sunderland/Monkwearmouth so it is mostly old.  Since I also collect sewing machines and...well lets say I have a double dose of the collectors gene, space is limited.
These are a small selection of my miniatures most of which I think you will recognise-the really fine cranberry is Glasscraft from the North East, the tiny (less than 1cm) dolphin & penguin were made as I waited at a fair at the hotel used for the tv soap 'Crossroads' around 1985.
I do sometimes worry about putting all my eggs in one basket.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2012, 08:43:52 PM »
Guess who just found a shop selling black light bulbs and strip lights?

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2012, 09:41:36 AM »
Keith, I see two Webb pwts there - the one on the left looks as if it's the spider engraving, but the one on the right looks as if it might be one of the other designs - it seems to have star-cutting on the base.
I thought the Uranium weights were always spiders....  ???
Can anybody enlighten me?
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand