No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: J Ditchfield or Fake ? ID = Not a fake - confirmed by maker  (Read 5123 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: J Ditchfield or Fake ?
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 05:30:01 PM »
 ::) One pic came out. More will follow when I can.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 04:23:11 PM »
I had a phone call this morning and Karen (as I now call her) ;) ;) confirmed that John  :) :) did indeed make this piece. It was nice of them to take the time to answer and confirm it. Not many do. 
 I think it possible sigs could differ easily from piece to piece for various reasons, flat or curved surfaces, different engraving tools etc.  Saying that, the sigs on pieces vary a lot and make it very confusing. Have they not heard of lasers !! ;D ;D I have seen lots of Murano signed pieces that are by the same artist and they look so different.
   The board can use the pictures and messages as they see fit. Thanks all...again.  Pete
Pete. :-)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 04:53:25 PM »
Well I've done them now - so you can see some variations. (and a shot of the 3 vases)

;D great news about your piece - I doubted it was a "fake" - it's lovely and it looks right.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 07:11:24 PM »
Thanks Chopin-liszt. I do like the iridescence in the glass. Not that you asked but the one on the right is really nice. If only I could afford to keep my Glass finds. : ( I would have a house full, a nice sunny day and crystal and glass everywhere would make anyone feel better. My other half is used to me rotating ornaments, I have them for a few weeks to enjoy and move them on to someone else who will enjoy them. Always seems to be something I have to save for. Last one was my son's wedding, now its a long weekend in Cumbria.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 07:59:56 AM »
It's a lousy pic - the light here is appalling and my eyes aren't working well, but it seemed silly to put signatures in without some indication of what they're on. The one on the right is my least favourite - I lurrrve the other two!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 10:55:12 AM »
I like the clean lines of the one on the right the other 2 are busy, all over the place. Im a bit OCD and need order and everything in the right place do the other two show any of your Characteristics  ;D ;D The psychology of glass ;D :D :D. I must take less medication I think !!!

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 11:22:22 AM »
I'm a serious case of OCD myself, I've learned to deal with it though - no thanks to CBT which is a load of utter codswappol.
But it's clinical sterility that bothers me, not tidiness.

Tidy stuff is still dirty.  :P
Something sitting on its own for 30 minutes gathers enough dirt for it to need cleaned before it can be eaten from or used for food preparation.
I'm so tightly controlled and focussed on every tiny detail myself, that I love the expression of freedom of the abstract and wild - I just can't do it, and I'm so jealous of those who can express it.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Re: J Ditchfield or Fake ? ID = Not a fake - confirmed by maker
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 09:23:19 PM »
Thanks Chopin, I feel so much better now  ;D ;D ;D Im off to express my wild side and mix the towels up with the bedding in the cupboard  ;D ;D

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: J Ditchfield or Fake ? ID = Not a fake - confirmed by maker
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 10:20:21 AM »
They can always be tidied up later... enjoy!  8)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand