No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: New Glass Notes! Harrach Engraved Glass, All About the Numbers?  (Read 2629 times)

Offline BSevern

• Members
Please enjoy this bit I put together on Harrach Engraved Glass:
Mod: Link removed as content changed to inappropriate site

Comments always welcome.

Thanks,
Brian Severn

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: New Glass Notes! Harrach Engraved Glass, All About the Numbers?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 08:29:13 PM »
thanks for the link!! gorgeous glass and a great to see the documentation and the pieces together.  It really gives them their history.
m

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 02:06:25 PM »
Great page and bookmarked in my favorites now. Thank you!
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 02:49:11 PM »
I'm curious about one of the vases.  In picture two in the middle there is a square shaped vase with gilding and engraved lilies on it.  It looks as though the colour  fades from dark at the top to the bottom.  A different way up to the vase pictured in real life.  I had read somewhere that if it faded from top to bottom it was Moser?  quite probably a fallacy but do you know anything about this theory please?
m

Offline BSevern

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 12:05:16 AM »
I'm curious about one of the vases.  In picture two in the middle there is a square shaped vase with gilding and engraved lilies on it.  It looks as though the colour  fades from dark at the top to the bottom.  A different way up to the vase pictured in real life.  I had read somewhere that if it faded from top to bottom it was Moser?  quite probably a fallacy but do you know anything about this theory please?
m

Here are examples of the same Harrach shape, as you can see the color went both directions, so definitely a fallacy.  I also included a an additional Harrach engraved (intaglio style like Moser) vase with the color shading from the top.  I recall on our trip you mentioning you read (?) this somewhere.  I'd love to see the source of the article if you can share it. 

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 08:25:08 AM »
Thanks  :)  I don't think I've mentioned it before but I'll have a look round to see if I did and where I might have read it.  I certainly read it somewhere as I recall reading there was some kind of contretemp between Moser and Harrach over it i.e. more detail to the story and  it is not something I would have made up  ;D . I don't collect Harrach or Moser, it was just something that stuck in my memory.  I always wondered if this was a 'theory' rather than actuality. I looked in Truitts when I bought it to see if it could be disproved but unfortunately all the vases for Harrach in this kind of style were colour up to clear
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 11:35:34 AM »
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,28526.msg155112.html#msg155112
aah,here is where I read it, in this thread there is a discussion regarding combination houses attributed to a single piece (i.e. the maker of the glass being different to the decorating house - in this case, Harrach and Moser were discussed).  All a long time ago though and without reading the rest of the thread, knowledge will I am sure have moved on in the intervening years.
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand