Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Trinket Sets

pressed dish with carp in high relief.

(1/2) > >>

Paul S.:
although of no commercial value, this is far too appealing to bin, and so thought I'd share with all.    The goldfish/carp are very well modelled, and obviously the mould maker was a good artist, although sadly the damage has annihilated the piece.    Not an ashtray, neither I don't think part of a trinket set - probably just a small bon bon dish for sweets or whatever.        Not sure what the colour should be called.............smoke??       smokey amber??
Did think I was going to find it on the Sklo Union CD, but can't see it......expect everyone will instantly now tell me where to look - thought it was going to be Inwald/Rosice/Barolac.         Almost 2" - 50mm tall, and appears to have three mould seams.       
This was just one of several broken or cracked things from early this morning - one more to share soon.            thanks for looking. :)

keith:
Got a green one of these,if I remember right it was German,Schlevogt,excuse spelling,I'll go look it up ;D

keith:
......and very uranium ;D

flying free:
well I'm hugely envious.  Those are gorgeous!

Paul S.:
thanks very much Keith  -  the only Schlevogt images I had to hand were the 'Ingrid' series in the Truit's book.    That uranium example is very mouth watering. :)         From what source did you get the provenance?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version