No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Makers Labels Lifting Off  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Mister Loco

• Members
Murano Makers Labels Lifting Off
« on: June 11, 2012, 01:55:57 PM »
Hello folks.  Advice needed please.  I've got some lovely Cenedese items where the makers labels has started to lift off the glass through age.  I'm tempted to put a speck of glue behind them.   Is this a good idea and what would be the best glue to use without damaging the glass or label?  Alternatively, just leave well alone??  Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Murano Makers Labels Lifting Off
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 02:33:23 PM »
You should be able to lift the entire label with a hobby knife blade, although a soak in tepid-to-warm water might be needed to soften the remaining glue.

The best glue to use is Pritt-Stick or similar (it's dry so you won't get blobs of glue coming from under the label when you press it down, and it dries clear).

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Murano Makers Labels Lifting Off
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 07:50:42 AM »
Yep!!! i second that but dont try to remove the label just stick some where it is coming off , its far to easy to damage an old label and then cuss about it . I have found some labels have a backing paper and this comes apart if you soak them . Then no going back .jp

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand