No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this vase Kralik soft crackle? ID = Yes, Soft Crackle Kralik  (Read 3110 times)

Offline chezholloway

• Members
Hello All,

This is a vase that I have thought might be Kralik, but my only reference was a small picture online.  A few weeks ago i happened upon the twin to this vase up for sale as Kralik, however,  the only information given was the same site I had been looking at.

It is 8" tall, about 4" across the rim, and 2 1/4" across the bottom.  It is green cased with clear.  The white coating is very slightly raised which gives it a subtle texture. 
the rim is smooth and there is no pontil mark.

Thanks for looking,  happy spring,

Adair

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Is this vase Kralik soft crackle?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 10:44:03 PM »
Sorry about any confusion in where this thread has been and where it is now. It was originally posted in the Scandi forum, and I was about to move it to the general Glass forum as it is actually an ID request.

But I did think the vase could be Kralik "Soft Crackle" as shown in Craig's web pages:
http://www.kralik-glass.com/ (see the Kralik Crackle section, first two examples), so I have moved the topic straight to "Bohemia etc."

Adair, could you please let us know the web page in which you saw the "small picture online". Was it in Craig's site?
KevinH

Offline chezholloway

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 10:51:31 PM »
 Arrrgh!   Help please! I inadvertently posted this in Scandinavian Glass rather than just Glass.  Can a moderator redirect this?

Just read your post......

There are two, but it appears to be the same vase on both.   http://kralik-glass.com/frametemplate.html     and it's on the "Mad for Glass" site too

sorry for the misdirection, thanks

Adair

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 02:57:57 AM »
Yes, this is Kralik Soft Crackle....

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline chezholloway

• Members
Re: Is this vase Kralik soft crackle? ID = Yes, Soft Crackle Kralik
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 01:52:33 PM »
 Very belated but much appreciated thanks for the ID, Craig.

Adair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand