No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stevens and Williams or what...........  (Read 7782 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Stevens and Williams or what...........
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 08:48:40 PM »
so is that a consensus yes to it being Stevens and Williams, or yes to it being a bubbly Rainbow range Stevens and Williams?  or just it's a nice piece?  Mine is like this but I think it might be three colours  8)
m

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 09:50:27 AM »
I have no idea who made it but i like it , far nicer than my bowl and vase . :-\

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 11:54:55 AM »
I've seen one identified by Fieldings Auctioneers as Stevens and Williams. 
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 07:58:36 PM »
and just to add, having relooked at my pictures again  mine is three colours plus clear and it also has 'CELERY' etched onto the vase.
Steven makes a comment here about the fact a vase has Celery etched onto it dating it to early post-war.
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,30793.msg167022.html#msg167022

Would it be feasible to assume having the word CELERY etched onto gives it some age and that it dates to the 40's perhaps?
Ok scrub that... having just looked it up it seems Purchase Tax was introduced in 1940 on amongst other things luxury good and abolished in 1971 when VAT was introduced.  So I can assume the vase probably dates to between 1940 and 1971.

m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand