No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bohemian Gilt Decanter set - ID = Crystalex  (Read 2887 times)

Offline Kanadiana

• Members
Bohemian Gilt Decanter set - ID = Crystalex
« on: March 28, 2006, 02:26:46 AM »
Hi.

This decanter set has a sticker that says

Bohemian Crystal
GREGG
Made
in
Czechoslovakia

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-1399

The set looks in very little used condition (no wear to the gold/bronzey and no chips/cracks etc)

Does anyone know when these things were produced and who produced them?

I can find nothing on "Gregg" so am assuming it may have
been the business who brought them in and sold them.

(I bought it because I love the dark green :D The gold/bronzey I ain't
so sure about LOL)

Thanks for any feedback :)

Offline Kanadiana

• Members
Uh oh ...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 02:30:13 AM »
Oops ... I just noticed I uploaded the decanter pic to the Calendar album ... sorry :( (unless it has a shot in the running, which I doubt LOL)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Bohemian Gilt Decanter set
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 04:53:20 PM »
No worries, I've shifted it into the Glass Queries album for you. (The link you gave is still right for it.)

Actually it could be a future calendar candidate - it's very pretty -  I'm sorry I can't help you with any info about it though.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Kanadiana

• Members
Bohemian Gilt Decanter set
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 01:48:16 AM »
Quote from: "Anne"
No worries, I've shifted it into the Glass Queries album for you. (The link you gave is still right for it.)

Actually it could be a future calendar candidate - it's very pretty -  I'm sorry I can't help you with any info about it though.

Thanks for fixing my little mistake, Anne :D

I think it's pretty too ... they also had an amber coloured set which I passed on as the gold parts were quite worn. I just really got a perk from the dark green (winter has lasted far toooooo long!!!!) plus the fact that the decanter and glasses are in beautiful shape.  I don't see these sets often, but I do see them now and then, but never in a "new stuff" store. Always antique and 2nd hand. I don't think they're that old though ... when I tire of it or need room for something new/different, I'll sell it (would have no idea what to ask though) or wrap it up as a gift for someone :D Meanwhile, it would just be nice to know more about the set like where and when made and sold etc. The ones I've seen have all been in BC, Canada.

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Re: Bohemian Gilt Decanter set
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 08:09:10 AM »
The piece is from Crystalex (formerly Borske sklo). GREGG is the name of the set. Originaly from 60ties but produced for many years.
The designer is unknown forthe moment.

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand