I'm pretty sure that I've identified the following weight, as its twin brother (sister?) is on paperweights.com.
The paperweight needs to be refinished, but I'm afraid that my collection of sandpapers doesn't include the proper tool!
My options therefore would appear to be:
1. Put it on e-bay as is, and maybe sell it.
2. Get it refinished, put it on e-bay, and maybe sell it.
3. Sell it to someone at the Glass Message Board as is (offers will be considered).
4. Use it to hold down stacks of paper.
5. See how far I can throw it.http://i1.tinypic.com/sf9xyv.jpg