No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Hello - I am seeking information on Hadeland designer - Lars Fletre (1940's)  (Read 11695 times)

Offline amarine1

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glassware
    • USA
I have an extensive collection as to what looks like production Glassware (and also hand made glassware)  from Hadeland. I inherited this collection from my mother when she passed 2 years ago (I am Lars Fletre's grandson).

I will be posting pictures later tonight of this collection if I receive any posts / messages..... (I am trying to appraise the collection for Insurance purposes and also, to gain more knowledge of my grandfather's contribution to Hadeland design and in their catalogue). This forom came up in my google search for more information on his time at Hadeland, and based on a post by the member "Alexander" that popped up in that search, it would appear I have come to the right place.

Best regards.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Amarine welcome to the board  :)
And thank you for your post here and also on the other thread.  I can't help with your quest but I am sure Alexander still posts and hopefully will see your addition to the other thread automatically and be able to help you more.

We would love to see some of your collection (or indeed all of it :) ) if you are willing to share.
Have you also tried the 'search' button top left of this screen next to Rules?  If you put Hadeland in there may be information in other threads that comes up.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures
m

Offline amarine1

• Members
    • Glassware
    • USA
Thanks. When I get home tonight, I'll post the pics (there are quite a few of them). I haven't taken pictures of individual pieces yet, but I can if the need arises.

As for searching for Hadeland, I'll be doing that tonight (most likely tho, there won't be any that mention my grandfather as those would have shown up in the google 'results" pages as well).

Given I have no clue what price to give the Insurance company (to ensure I have all bases covered)... and I suspect I probably estimated on the low side... it will be interesting to see the response to these posts.

And given I am helping my Aunt document the extensive history of my Grandfather (he was a Wood Carver / Artist / Poet as well), anything I can glean will be helpful... and appreciated.

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Hello Amarine,  welcome to the GMB...I would love to see your collection as well...I have several Hadeland glass animals and birds in my collection, seeing yours will help me know which pieces I am missing!!
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline amarine1

• Members
    • Glassware
    • USA
Here you go.

Offline amarine1

• Members
    • Glassware
    • USA
More.

Offline amarine1

• Members
    • Glassware
    • USA
More.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
You need to use the attach facility on the board, as outside picture hosting does not work (links are OK but not desirable). Resize your pictures (high res) so that the longest side is about 700 pixels and you should be OK. You can attach four pictures per post. If you need more reply to yourself.

(You are unlikely to get valuations, as we are not professionals and comebacks could be nasty, though you might get an idea of scarcity. Valuations are just too subjective)

Just seen that you've worked it out

Offline amarine1

• Members
    • Glassware
    • USA
You need to use the attach facility on the board, as outside picture hosting does not work (links are OK but not desirable). Resize your pictures (high res) so that the longest side is about 700 pixels and you should be OK. You can attach four pictures per post. If you need more reply to yourself.

(You are unlikely to get valuations, as we are not professionals and comebacks could be nasty, though you might get an idea of scarcity. Valuations are just too subjective)

Just seen that you've worked it out

The file attachment tool is pretty limited (so I was trying the external forum img structure), didn't work... so I had to reduce the size of the pic files. I am not expecting miracles, just looking at a start off point and going from there.

No worries.....

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
If you resize so the longest size is 700 pixels your pictures should blow up once clicked on.  If you see under your pics where it says 200x300?  mine say for example  400x600 and mine increase to a much larger size on the screen once clicked on which makes them visible.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand