No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Hello - I am seeking information on Hadeland designer - Lars Fletre (1940's)  (Read 11689 times)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Hi Amarine,  your collection is so beautiful and delicate......and I have been entranced by your Grandfather's amazing woodcut of glassblowers......I collect glass pieces depicting glassblowers............just missed one last night  :(
We had some glass plates here on the GMB that had very similar styles of engravings to your Grandfathers woodcut, and I wonder if anyone here on the GMB can remember who posted it and if they were Hadeland pieces.
I have a full day today,  but if no one comes up with an answer, I will have a look this evening and see if I can find the link and see if there is a correlation.
Do you have any Hadeland glass animals or birds at all?  :)
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Wow! What a collection, and I love the woodcut!

amarine, welcome to the board. I'm sure we are all thrilled to see more of your Hadeland pieces and will try and help you in any way we can.

If you need technical assistance with resizing pics or anything else on the board please just shout, that's what I'm here for. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline rosieposie

• Members
I have just found the link to the plates I was mentiioning earlier....

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,46013.0.html

They are actually signed  "Marston Asson. Sweden 7168"
Do have a look at them before the eBay link vanishes. 
The style is so like your Grandfather's woodcut, (though I realise they are not his work), your photo jogged my memory of these plates.
However,  I don't want to distract from your wonderful collection. :)
Rosie.

Offline amarine1

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glassware
    • USA
Wow! What a collection, and I love the woodcut!

amarine, welcome to the board. I'm sure we are all thrilled to see more of your Hadeland pieces and will try and help you in any way we can.

If you need technical assistance with resizing pics or anything else on the board please just shout, that's what I'm here for. :)

I can send the pics to you via email (so they can be sized accordingly). I normally can resize, but I just replaced my laptop and need to download a copy of gimp and then install it (I wasn't on planning to do that until this weekend). I can take closer pics of the heavy glassware. One glass have my grandfather's initials on it (L.F.) and some of the heavy pieces do have engraved animals on them (which I can take closeup's of).

As you can tell, the collection is extensive (enough to fill that cabinet). I also have busts of relatives that he carved including a tall full body wood statue of my grandmother (his muse and fellow intellectual), some more woodcuts, and other artwork he did.

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
That Mats Jonasson, Rosie, the OP misread the text. It's clarified later in the topic you linked to. :)
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,46013.msg260471.html#msg260471

amarine, please feel free to do so. glass @ yobunny.co.uk will reach me (close up the spaces) - each email should be no more than 8Mb in size but you can send as many as you like. :)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
You are absolutely correct Anne....in fact I remember it was Sue who corrected it and I agreed in the next link in the thread......I am sorry, I was so excited to find the thread, I didn't take enough time to read it all through!

I am so looking forward to seeing more pictures amarine...... ;D
Rosie.

Offline amarine1

• Members
    • Glassware
    • USA
Hi Amarine,  your collection is so beautiful and delicate......and I have been entranced by your Grandfather's amazing woodcut of glassblowers......I collect glass pieces depicting glassblowers............just missed one last night  :(
We had some glass plates here on the GMB that had very similar styles of engravings to your Grandfathers woodcut, and I wonder if anyone here on the GMB can remember who posted it and if they were Hadeland pieces.
I have a full day today,  but if no one comes up with an answer, I will have a look this evening and see if I can find the link and see if there is a correlation.
Do you have any Hadeland glass animals or birds at all?  :)

Yes, I have both animals AND birds. I have forwarded the pics to anne for help in sizing them for mass consumption. The woodcut is a masterpiece (if I do say so myself). Very intricate.......

Offline amarine1

• Members
    • Glassware
    • USA
That Mats Jonasson, Rosie, the OP misread the text. It's clarified later in the topic you linked to. :)
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,46013.msg260471.html#msg260471

amarine, please feel free to do so. glass @ yobunny.co.uk will reach me (close up the spaces) - each email should be no more than 8Mb in size but you can send as many as you like. :)

Anne, message sent. I just realized tho it is 11mb in size (so I will resend them via 2 emails).

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Hello amarine, two smaller emails received safely and images added for you in this post and the next two. 

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Next 4...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum