No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Art Deco Vase unknown maker  (Read 2304 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Art Deco Vase unknown maker
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 08:38:44 PM »
Ken,no false alarm, discussion is always a good thing  :)
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 07:22:34 AM »
Instead of Inwald, I would say Libochovice.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline vanmann

• Members
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 10:02:46 AM »
I also had this in Uranium green but never confirmed a maker, generally thought to be Czech

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 02:52:45 PM »
Instead of Inwald, I would say Libochovice.

Hi, just wondering if you have any evidence for this attribution? I did also once suspect Libochovice as a possible maker as I've seen a turquoise from them which was a close colour match to one of these vases. However, the fact that an opalescent one (Nigel's) has turned up meant I was leaning more towards Reich or Inwald as I've not seen any opalescent glass from Libochovice.

Until we find some documentary evidence (pattern book, advert, sales catalogue, etc.) I suspect it is going to have to remain a mystery...  :(

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2012, 01:54:45 AM »
Hi Steven

That's only my guessing. The storks on this vase looks very similar to a float bowl (also unidentified) which often seen to match one of the libochovice centrepieces (like the frog on the bullrushes). I've also seen this vase in dark blue and the shade is very identical to the penguin float bowl which is also made by Libochovice. I have never seen a piece of opalescent glass made by Libochovice, but having said that, it doesn;t mean they don't make them...maybe just a small batch??

Cheers
Brenton

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 03:45:30 PM »
The opalescent vase reminds me of Joblings fish salad bowl for colouring.
I must admit the moulding on the opalescent vase is quite inferior to the say amber one I have.
I have only ever come across opalescent glass in Reich-which if you look at the 2nd picture has a thick opalescent quality to it so it's not Reich I don't think.
When I think of the Inwald dancing lady centrepiece/flamingoes I have seen in turquoise and I have seen this vase in turquoise and the only other turquoise glass I seem to remember is Schweig,Mueller and Co.
There is also a large kneeling lady lamp on a circualar stepped plinth that I have seen in the Turquoise glass so I always wondered if she was made by Inwald or Mueller.
Nige
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand