Author Topic: Unusual Strathearn design  (Read 554 times)

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • My Paperweights Website
Unusual Strathearn design
« on: July 02, 2012, 12:21:42 PM »

I have a 'flower' style paperweight with a Strathearn label on the base. It came from Scotland with various other Strathearn and Perthshire weights, and so I think it is a Strathearn product. But it is not a design I recall seeing.

It has 6 outer and 4 inner 'petals', and no stamens. A bit like a cross between a Tropic design and an Orchid.  Diameter 2 7/8 inch / 73mm; height 2 3/4 inch / 70 mm.

Is it a one-off?   Anyone any ideas?

Alan
Alan
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."  Abraham Lincoln.

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.
 http://www.pwts.co.uk

Offline RAY

• Members
Re: Unusual Strathearn design
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 02:08:51 PM »
its the right shape and base plus label,  could be a fantasy design in strathearns dying days , i'd say not a one off but an experimental piece , but you'd be better off sending a photo to richard more
cheers Ray

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • My Paperweights Website
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 03:08:16 PM »

Hi Ray.

I did send an image to Richard, who said 'It appears to be a standard P4 orchid..'.  I replied saying it looked quite different to me , and had various different features - but I have not heard back.

Alan
Alan
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."  Abraham Lincoln.

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.
 http://www.pwts.co.uk

Offline RAY

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 04:38:30 PM »
it could be an P4 , but i've never seen that shape or colour before in any orchid weight or come to think of it any strathearn
cheers Ray

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com