No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Piell vase Germany  (Read 3593 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Piell vase Germany
« on: July 06, 2012, 08:48:06 AM »
Just delivered - a Peill & Putzler vase in clear and frosted glass - I don't know much about this German company apart from they arte still going and are renowned for glass lighting.

This has original label - sold to me as retro 70s - what is its date?

Thanks Adam

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Piell vase Germany
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 11:09:46 AM »
They folded around 1999. Seventies or eighties would be correct.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 01:27:45 PM »
Pretty vase, great design. 
Would it be possible to amend the heading to the correct spelling please as in future searches it wont come up otherwise?
Many thanks
m

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 03:47:56 PM »
Sorry - that was typo by me - can a moderator change it to peill please.

Thanks Adam

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 10:26:15 PM »
Peill had a great selection of beautifully designed and executed quality crystal vases, especially in the 60's to 80's.

It's difficult to find designer names, I'm a Peill collector, but don't have catalogues sadly, so I can't pin it down to a design year and/or designer with certainty. The name most associated with Peill design from the 60s and 70s is Horst Tüsselmann, this might be by him.

If you check my sig, it has a link to my Picasa album, which has a special Peill & Putzler section, so you can check some other vase designs they made. The satinated-and-clear-deep-etched examples are mostly from the 60s and 70s. Later on they moved to techniques that were less time consuming.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand