Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Scandinavian Glass

Zig-Zag Vase ID needed

(1/1)

David555:
Hi

This is a large undulating (zig-zag) vase in a smoky topaz – it is equivalent in quality to many if the good Scandinavian factories – but which one is it.

12” high, 1.3 kilos (wall thickness 0.5cm) not cased as you can see – comes from a good source and took a lot of cleaning, age wear to base suggests 1960s / 70s

Any help appreciated

Adam P

Tigerchips:
I can't really help but...

...I recently missed one of these at my local auction house. Same colour, shape. It was in a mixed lot which I thought was a bit unfair, especially if it had been a genuine retro piece.  :(

I'm missing all the bargians.  :lol:

tmaritta:
Well,  I asked about the same vase in this forum a couple of months ago - I have two of these (although one has slightly more rounded hoops so must be from a different mold).  Nobody knew at that time, but maybe with increasing membership somebody will recognize it.  I certainly hope so.

TMaritta

David555:
I remember that post TMaritta

I am inclining towards Reijmyre as stylistically they followed Riihimaen a lot of the time and this is like an interpretation of vases Tynell designed. Also Reijmyre often did not case their vases.

Alsterfors is another company - the shape of the slopes is not right though - these slopes slope (LOL) with the bottom being flat.

There must be an ID for these vases, they are just such amazing quality and shout Scandinavian.

Adam P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version