Further down the line... I got all off the data for one site successfully migrated. But have failed to get the software functional. Our Anne has been a great help.
It is also apparent that the same corruption of certain characters has occurred in the migration as happened to Scotland Glass with a similar version to version migration.
But this time round I have to go through two stages of migration (only one for Scotland's Glass) so I have decided to install the software for the latest version without data and reload the data the hard way. Well not too hard as I can copy text from old site versions to new. I will start doing this tomorrow with first site, glass catalogue, I will the do the glass zoo and finally glass-study.com which should be the easiest.
One problem with this is the users will need to request new passwords to be able to log in. I will contact all members directly. So lots of 15 hour days for the next 5 or 6 weeks!
Scotland's Glass 'should' migrate painlessly.
Running websites of such complexity can be difficult at times!
The good news (for me) is that future upgrades are now a part of the software and will be mostly one click and done.