No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help identify pressed glass Sundae Dishes please - ID = Nuutajärvi  (Read 4155 times)

Offline Golden Hen

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • modern glass
    • England
Hello all, Can anyone please help us identify a set of Sundae dishes and bowl we bought a little while ago. The lady who sold it to us thinks it may be iitalia Iittala but we (my sister & I) have our doubts. There are no identifying marks to help with the search & I can't find any images that come close to the design on it. It's a pressed glass set but also not sure which decade it was made, could have been yesterday as not "Old Fashioned" in shape or design.
Any help would be much appreciated. I'm only putting on photo of one of the dishes, but the larger bowl is same design with thicker stem.

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Re: Help would be appreciated please
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 07:40:13 PM »
Hello Golden Hen, welcome to the Glass Message Board.

A couple of little pointers to help you get off to a good start here.

Firstly,  in your title, so you get the right people looking at your question, a hint as to what you are showing us helps.  ie. 'Help identify pressed glass Sundae Dishes please', will get all the pressed glass people looking as well as the glass tableware people as well.

Also,  I can't be sure how you did it,  but your last picture was perfectly sized,  the others a little bit small to show us good detail to enable us to help you.

I am quite familiar with some Scandinavian glass and the name Iittala is spelled this way...that might help in the future when someone is doing a search through the archives on the GMB.

Now I don't know this pattern, it is interesting and you might want to look at Pamela's pressed glass archive....it might just be there. Here is the link.

http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de

I hope all this has helped, and maybe a Moderator could 'tweak' the title for you.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Re: Help would be appreciated please
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 08:50:25 PM »
Hello and welcome to GMB Golden Hen!

Thank you, Rosie, for pointing into my direction, but unfortunately, neither have I got one of these nor do I know a probable maker  :(

Hopefully someone else can be of more help here - good luck!
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Help identify pressed glass Sundae Dishes please
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 10:23:32 PM »
Subject tweaked. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Golden Hen

• Members
    • modern glass
    • England
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 06:15:46 AM »
Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to respond and for all the useful pointers & help.
Rosie, I'm not sure what I did with the photo's either, I took them on my phone & tweaked them on the PC, but I'm no expert so I'm always grateful that they come out at all ;).
The mystery deepens then regarding the glass, fingers crossed someone has the answers.

Offline robbo

• Members
  • London, England
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 10:19:17 AM »
Hi -

The dishes are Finnish, from Nuutajärvi. The design is called "Miranda" and the designer was Heikki Orvola. The dates I have for production are 1971–75.

robbo
robbo

Offline Golden Hen

• Members
    • modern glass
    • England
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 10:35:55 AM »
Robbo you are a star, thank you so much.  :D

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 11:21:44 AM »
There you go...Golden Hen, sorted!!

Robbo,  you are amazing....I really wanted to know as well as I love Scandinavian glass.

As Pamela took the time to respond it might be a nice gesture to offer her some pictures and this identification for her site if she would like it.

Rosie.

Offline Golden Hen

• Members
    • modern glass
    • England
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 05:16:30 AM »
Hi Rosie, thanks for your input as well, and of course pamela is more than welcome to use the photo's & info. I'm going to bookmark her site for use in the future too as I'm sure I need all the help I can get   ;)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 09:26:05 AM »
Come back soon Golden Hen,  remember we learn something as well when other people get the answers they are looking for. 
Do have a look at the 'Show me yours and I'll show you mine' threads....you might like to contribute to some of the amazing displays there..it is now 4 chapters long and a wonderful 'rainy day' treat to browse through.

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,47899.0.html

Happy hunting....glass of course!
Rosie.
Rosie.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand