No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Polish Glass Punch Bowl Set  (Read 3296 times)

Offline roget123

• Author
  • Members
Polish Glass Punch Bowl Set
« on: March 29, 2006, 06:41:48 PM »
Does anyone have knowledge of Polish glass.

I have been shown this punch bowl(s) set which is Polish as labels on several pieces states. The set is slightly unusual as it has two bowls, the larger one also is lidded. There are six cups and a ladle. Due to the lidded bowl there are no hangers for the cups as of course there would be nowhere to hang them from.

see picture 1.  http://i1.tinypic.com/sl0i8k.jpg

All pieces except the ladle are wheel cut engraved with a trailing floral design, see picture 2   http://i1.tinypic.com/sl0lnb.jpg

I don't know the age but the shape suggests 1930's or 1950's.  Any one have any idea who the manufacturer might be?.

I apologise for the cluttered background to the photographs, it was in the owner's house and I could not be completly 'in charge' as i would have liked.

GeoffT
Geoff Timberlake
Glass Anorak !!!

Sklounion

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 08:23:37 PM »
Hi Geoff,
Krosno or Zabkowice, spring to mind as the most obvious candidates.
Do you have a label image?
Thanks,
Marcus

Offline roget123

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 12:10:15 PM »
Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the information.  Unfortunately I do not have an image of the label, it was a small (approx 0.5cm) diameter round  gold label with only the words "Made in Poland" printed on it. No makers' logo or other identification.

GeoffT
Geoff Timberlake
Glass Anorak !!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand