No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vladimir Jelinek Paperweight  (Read 3959 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Re: Vladimir Jelinek Paperweight
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 07:39:15 AM »
Thanks David. ZBS is a good line of enquiry. Looking through your collection, fantastic - where do you store or display it all. I have some 300 pieces and have had to put most into storage, my website shows pieces I have and have had but sold.

Adam

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 09:06:32 PM »
Adam,

Thanks for the kind comments on my collection. I started about five years ago and slowly changed what I buy. Now, it's almost exclusively Skrdlovice. Display is a problem, as my wife doesn't like clutter(and neither does the better half of me) .  On the main floor, I have to be tasteful with only a few well-chosen pieces. Most of my glass is upstairs, a main display case that holds a good few, and then five smaller cases. Then there's my room. I've put about 60 feet of shelves  on the wall so I'm surrounded by glass. A very reassuring room for me.

I've had to put some glass in the basement, mainly in bookshelves, but some in boxes. My intention was to rotate, but once a piece is demoted to the basement, it tends to stay there.

Don't you find it hard to part with some pieces? You've sold some nice stuff.

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 09:22:51 PM »
I don't sell anymore, but that may change in the future. I used to sell to fund my main collections which were varied. Mostly I bought to sell so didn't miss the pieces too much, these days I buy what I like. I am starting to build a collection of Skrdlovice, Mstisov, Chbriska, Harrachov, and other Czech makers as well as retro ceramics, Riihimaen and German glass of the 60s.

I just posted what I think might be a Skrdlovice piece http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,48689.0.html I know it's off topic but as an experienced collector, what do you think.

As for these paperweights - I have also seen in clear glass, that's three colour ways I know of, the neodymium is very nice and also has the sticker. I have had it for nearly ten years and hope one day to get a positive attribution.

Thanks for your post.

Adam

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand