No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: rubina verde opalescent vase - uranium cranberry with rigaree  (Read 2849 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Quite tall at 8 1/4" - any ideas of a maker please?  I'm having problems resizing my pictures at the moment so no top view or base - apologies.  The top is pulled in to make 4 crimps - I'll try and get more pics on.  It is uranium glass on the whole of the outside with the cranberry pink at the top only, and has then been restruck for the opalescence.  The rigaree is clear uranium glass.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: rubina verde opalescent vase - uranium cranberry with rigaree
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 09:57:17 AM »
I've been trying to sort out more pics but struggling at the moment, so no base pic.
The foot is not quite round, very slightly misshapen.  There are tool marks on the foot and lots of wreathing in the glass.  There is no pontil mark or if there was a pontil rod removed it has been firepolished so smoothly as to be invisible.  The centre of the foot on the base is slightly pushed up so it doesn't touch the table, otherwise the base is completely smooth.  The foot has been applied to the stem or vice versa and you can see where the glass is thicker down near the foot.
I've checked Gulliver's and done other searches and all I've found it one very similar identified apparently as Stevens and William, but I couldn't find any back up for that.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 11:09:54 AM »
It's beautiful and I'm very green. Webb's lemonescent seems like a possible option too

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 11:13:12 AM »
Thanks  :) and oops my last post had a typo - should have read Stevens and Williams with an 's'. I will check out Walsh, I didn't think of that so thank you.
m

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 11:16:51 AM »
Have you got your glasses on woman!! WEBB  :-*

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 11:20:55 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D - not a great day today- very little sleep last night, two weeks of youngest already home on school hols (I'm in for  fraught stressful two months now) and then irfanview wont work on my new laptop and I don't know how to fix it  :'( 
I was wondering in my thought process...mmm, Walsh Lemonescent? that doesn't sound right.
m

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 11:27:01 AM »
Sorry to hear about your stress {{}}

Try uninstalling and download it again. It should work. I assume you're on Windows 7

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 11:39:49 AM »
yes I was wondering about doing that.
I'll try again now.  Thanks
No worries on the stress levels  :) - Just that thinking of entertainment 16 hours a day every day is painful when he wont ever watch television (that lovely 'natural' babysitter  ;D )
m

bfg

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 03:41:12 PM »
do you think the tops of these marmalades have a family likeness to your one m? I've been drooling over Dave's aka mrvaselineglass pictures this afternoon lol

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,7151.0.html

edit: I mean the double ones in the new frame  :)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 12:25:37 PM »
hi, yes I do think they are very similar.  Mine is tall so the glass is stretched so the concentration of colour and where it changes is not so defined perhaps.  But yes, strong possibility that they are the same maker :)
I'm just testing resizing using a different program having uninstalled irfanview - so adding another pic to see if it will upload.
Excellent, slower to do but I might try using new program  :)  trying to put a base pic on now as the join of the foot to the stem has been done with opalescent glass or it has gone opalescent where it was reheated?. looks neat though, beautifully done.
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand