No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Chance Platinum Britannia Fruit Bowl. No! No! No!  (Read 1399 times)

Offline Ming

• Members
Chance Platinum Britannia Fruit Bowl. No! No! No!
« on: July 24, 2012, 12:50:26 AM »
I have been looking for the Britannia Platinum rim bowl for over two years since David mentioned it in here. But still no luck but l came across this Chrome-rimed Ivory De Luxe fruit bowl last Sat. The chrome rim is in excellent condition normally the rim is in a battered stage. I suppose that Ivory De Luxe version make it much harder to find.
Never walk away from a bargain

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
Re: Chance Platinum Britannia Fruit Bowl. No! No! No!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 07:47:40 AM »
Well, I wished I could find one, Ming!

From what I understand/interpret from the production records,  the platinum was an applied rim; a liquid painted to the surface of the rim. A pre-formed rim made of platinum would have been far too expensive.

But this is a good fine, so well done.
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand