No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help with ID please.  (Read 6581 times)

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
Help with ID please.
« on: March 30, 2006, 05:48:31 PM »
Hi,
Picked up these two vases today wondered if any of wonderful people could ID them for me please? We have no Emoticon for scraper do we. :roll:  :lol:
Please escuse quality of photos, just a couple of quick snaps in fading light. I'm getting too impulsive for my own good. :twisted:  
The vase is heavy and about 6.5" tall. The other measures 5.5" at widest and 4.5" tall. Amerthyst with white/ cream opaque floor.

http://i2.tinypic.com/smg2a1.jpg
http://i2.tinypic.com/smg2tz.jpg

Cheers,
Bryn (not Brian)
"It's a minefield out there!" :mrgreen:

Sklounion

Help with ID please.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 07:52:20 AM »
Vase is possibly Chribska, Czechoslovakia, but still made today, tho they do have a web-site.
http://www.sklarna-chribska.com/
Regards,
Marcus

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
Help with ID please.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 08:35:05 PM »
Thanks Marcus, much appreciated. It has a smooth impressed 1.5" pontil mark and I was hoping it might be Whitefriars. :lol:  

I am now convinced that the green blue vase is Bohemian, and the prettier one probably Murano although I have received an Email fom a very knowledgeable friend that it could well be unsigned 1960's Flygfors. Perhaps not the huge bargains that i first thought,  :cry: but when they are that cheap I have great difficulty in leaving them behind.
I'll still be out there bargain hunting tomorrow come rain or shine :P
Cheers,
Bryn (not Brian)

"It really is a minefield out there!" :mrgreen:

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
Help with ID please.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 03:19:11 PM »
Sorry for the delay in replying but I've been out hunting today, for bargains that is!! :lol:
Not a lot about but I think I found a Whitefriars ripple vase and a narrow Holmegaard smokey Gul vase and a few other non glass related items, so must'n't grumble. My friend found an old Loetz crackle glass water pitcher designed by Kolomon Moser, so he is really pleased.
Best Wishes,
Bryn (not Brian)

"It's still a minefield out there"! :mrgreen:

Sklounion

Help with ID please.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 04:55:26 PM »
Hi Bryn,
What chance an image of the Koloman Moser pitcher?
Please......
TIA,
Marcus

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
Help with ID please.
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 05:31:56 PM »
Hi Marcus,
I will certainly ask him if he will but I know he likes to keep things close to his chest. He lives a long way away from me and I have had problems with downloading his photo's in the past. He was someone who won an item off me on Ebay some time ago and we have kept in touch. He really knows his Loetz. He emailed me earlier to report his find which he purchased for just £2.
Cheers,
Bryn

"It's a minefield out there!" :mrgreen:

Sklounion

Help with ID please.
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 07:00:38 PM »
If he is unwilling, I'll post a trade catalogue image on GlassGallery, post the link here, and then would you please ask if he will have a look at it, and come back to you with a response?
TIA,
Marcus

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
Help with ID please.
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 08:32:46 PM »
Hi Marcus,
Yes, of course. I have Emailed him and am awaiting his response.

Bryn (not Carol)

"It's a minefield out there"! :mrgreen:

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
Help with ID please.
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 11:42:24 AM »
Hi Marcus,
My friend replied this morning and will be sending me a photo of his Loetz "midweek" when he next lists on Ebay. But he is not really happy on me listing his photo's on this board. So if you can post your copy of the trade catalogue I will point out his piece providing it is there, of course.
I met this chap in a boot sale last year and amazingly discovered in chatting over glass, of course, that I had purchased a copy of George Savage's Glass and Glassware off him on Ebay a week earlier :shock:  
Amazing chance that, then recently again on Ebay he purchased a piece of Loetz Astfers of mine. I actually delivered it to him at the same bootsale I had purchased it from for just 50p, very nice and totally unexpected, £80 profit.
Since then we do Email each other enquiring or should that be bragging  :twisted: about our latest finds.
I did'n't know what I had in the Astfers, but he certainly did, along with a number of other bidders from across the Atlantic.  

Bryn (not Brian)
 "It's a minefield out there"! :mrgreen:

Sklounion

Help with ID please.
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 12:22:21 PM »
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10018/normal_LSmrckovaDPsets.jpg

Hi Bryn,

Posted. Does his jug resemble the one on the right?

thanks,

Marcus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand