No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pressed reed & bobble lidded mustard pot - Molyneaux Webb patt. #445  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Another recent find which has me stumped, no marks, RD no, clues that I can see!

I think it's a mustard pot from the size of it, with a spoon slot in the lid. The lid is unusual (at least to me it is!) in that the rim to stop it falling off isn't continuous, it's bumpy! At first I thought it was damaged but closer inspection shows it was made that way and there is no damage to the rim - you should be able to see the bumps on the second pic.

Size is 80mm from base to the top of the lid finial, and the pot diameter (excluding the handle) is 65mm. The base has a 24-ray star pattern, and the sides are reeds with bobbles at the bottom, and the same on the lid.

Any suggestions as to maker welcome, thanks. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Pressed reed and bobble lidded mustard? pot
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 02:37:24 PM »
Ooooh I *think* I've found this in Neil H's Molyneaux Webb catalogue, pattern no. 445:
Catalogue Image

Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand