No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Kralik version of Loetz Texas? or something else? Red iridescent textured vase  (Read 12477 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Kralik?
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 03:52:47 PM »
10 inches high in green iridescent glass. Wondered if its Kralik?

Adam

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Kralik?
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 01:19:13 AM »
Nice piece.....I would think yes, IMHO..

Take a look a Craig Site there, and/or wait for those that know much more than me for positive ID.

Nice piece of Glass!!
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 01:57:26 AM »
I think your vase is a member of the same club as those in earlier on this merged thread :)

You might ask the mods if they might join yours to that thread if they can?
m

[Mod: Earlier thread moved to "Bohemian etc" and threads merged. Text in this reply also edited to suit the merging.]

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 10:01:38 AM »
Thanks - yes I would say it is the same as the ones in the thread, [ * ] maybe Kralik but Craig can't give a definate attribution. Bohemian and c1900 yes. There is talk of poorer quality, I must say my piece is as good as other pieces of Kralik I have like Martele which seem to be of the same stable, the finish is great and the iredescence beautiful.

Adam P

[ * ] Mod: following merging of threads, please see post #8 by Anita for a vase that appears to be identical to Adam's.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/101370-art-nouveau-kralik-pair-of-purple-green?in=442
these vases appear to have been identified as Kralik on CW?  They look very similar to mine.
Are they definitely Kralik then? because the poster has provided two links to other threads on CW and I can't see anywhere unless I've missed it, that they are definitely id'd as Kralik  :-\
thanks
m

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
I have another vase exactly like Adam's, quality is fine, it is nicely finished too.

I think the Kralik attribution is a tad hopeful as things stand.

John

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
yes me too - just checking  :)
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
This one on the link I give below (the poster in CW who called their vase Kralik linked to this post below) is the same colour and patterned decor as my vase but a different shape

The poster here on that linked thread says
'It is by Kralik i do believe and the decor is uncommon..well to me anyway i havent been able to locate any documentation on this particular decor... '   
 http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/74606-kralik-iridescent-art-glass-vase-unco
  ???
has that poster linked their shape to Kralik somehow then? I've not spotted any other Kralik vases in the shapes of these vases on my searches, so just wondering.
m

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Both of the Kralik attributions on CW are actually based on vapor. The one directly above is based on a "feeling", and the pair are based on the link and some additional bad information.

This decor has never been linked to Kralik for sure, at least that I am aware of. This decor has been discussed for quite some time with no resolution, but lots of guessing and unfounded attributions.

Here is something I have been working on in regards to this surface pattern, which is seen a bit, but not all that common.

Let me say at this point that I am not saying who these are by yet, but I would say that the decor is generally seen on shapes which can not be specifically assigned to any house. There is of course also the possibility that at least a couple of houses did this style of surface texture.

The first image below is of two vases in a pretty distinctive form which I have determined to be Welz production.

The second image below is of a pair of vases in a very unique decor which exhibits the maze style surface decor. More difficult to see with this decor, but there. The shape, ground, and pattern are all fairly unique.

The third image is of a larger example of the decor and pattern on a vase which has never really been identified as to maker, and there are a few others in this distinctive decor and surface. None of these have previously been linked to any house for sure.

The 4th image shows the base of the third image.

To say the least, this would at least seem to indicate that there is the possibility that Welz may have been one of the houses producing this surface decor. The ground in both images 2 and 3 would also seem to possibly fall in line with what appears to be their "Artistic Individuality".

Just some food for thought.... and a possible lead as to the maker, or at least one of the makers.
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
thanks for the info Craig :)
 I found another vase similar to the third one in your post, on CW (Mac's I think), that appears to have a similar colour and the raised maze effect. 
So I can see there is a possible link with Welz.
otoh, I don't think the raised maze decor is the same as my vase. 

Did you know in the Passau book band 4 page 181 there is a green vase that has a more similar raised maze pattern to mine (although I don't think it is the same because there is no base shot and I an't see any swirling lines around the foot of it in the same way I can with mine), and is id'd as Rindkopf?
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand