No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Kralik version of Loetz Texas? or something else? Red iridescent textured vase  (Read 12475 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
The only thing I can surmise.  Cut and polished rim. Measures 7 1/4" tall and 3 1/2" wide at the base.  Very pretty iridescent effect, purples and orange/gold.  It's definitely red more than pink and the top pic is the best colour comparison.  I've seen this colour in other Kralik pieces I think.
Any thoughts much appreciated.
:)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
this is a close up of the decor and is the best colour match under daylight.  Is there anyway this might be a Loetz piece?  I was questioning Kralik because all the Texas, Empire, Boule Boule  pieces I've looked at had a firepolished rim and polished pontil mark, whereas this has a cut rim. I'll have another search for the shape.
m

Offline keith

• Members
Had a look around,nothing so far,maybe when Craig parks up his Harley he'll pop in ;D ;D,great piece ;D

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Thanks for looking Keith  :) I have found a Rindskopf vase with a similar decor .  However it is huge and different shape and colour but the decor 'appears' very like Loetz Texas in the photograph.  It's in Das Bohemische Glass Band iv. 
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Found another in green in Gulliver's Victorian Glass page 111.  Not attributed but has the same mould type base etc and a more similar shape than the huge Rindskopf but both have the similar decor as mine.
m

Offline keith

• Members
Knew i'd seen something similar somewhere ::)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
I'm still wondering about this vase and spotted this - these are the spiraloptisch Kralik pattern, but mine has such similarities - could mine be Kralik but a different pattern?  Any thoughts?
http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/73578-my-gorgeous-spiraloptisch-kralik-vase?in=442
m

Offline keith

• Members
I've a 'swirly' pattern one that I presumed to be Kralik but without a positive id on the pattern,it seems like Kralik did a number that have yet to be given names.IMHO that is,see picture,the one on the right ;D ;D

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
I had a vase very much like this in green. I could never attribute the vase. It felt like Kralik to me, but figured it could be anyone.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Thanks both  :) Anita yours looks like a pattern match and I need to dig out my books because I think the shape looks like one I found somewhere else. 
I've looked at Kralik Gloria and that has similar line patterning but it's difficult to tell really as there are no base pictures.  I've also seen Rindskopf vases that have a patterned base and this bark pattern or very similar. 
I'll keep digging.
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand