No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help ID? Close pack, tiny millefiori, 6 facet, paperweight. ID = Murano  (Read 2741 times)

Offline cinnamonstickbell

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • USA
Hello! Can anybody give me any info on this paperweight?

I bought it simply bc I thought it was pretty. I don't expect it to be some lost found treasure (or even old). I just want to be able to say -" this is Italian or Chinese, USA, etc." and maybe a guess of the year--even if current if anybody asks when over.

THANK YOU in advance. I didn't pay a lot so OK if worth "nothing" but hope to get a "little story" of some sort out of it (such as country and possible year of production etc).

THANK YOU!

Smallest millefiori is the size of a pin head...tons as you can see...I think over 145 (lost count)......6 windows (or facets), gold glass on bottom, 3 inches across and 2 1/2 inches all. Has a flea bite on the top (super small) and three on the bottom side under (I know that impacts price but I wanted it for a pretty piece to study when watching TV...not a collector).

I am hoping for some info???

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline alpha

• Author
  • Members
Do you have a picture?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

• Members
    • USA
Yes...sorry---they are not loading up....playing with sizes!! ugg....give me a second please...sorry....

• Members
    • USA
Pictures!!!

• Members
    • USA
Bottom.....looks as if I went from too big to too small. If I click on the pic it enlarges (hopefully for you also). I had a hard time with pixals to KB's....

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People

Hi.  Those are Murano canes, and it has a flat polished base, and a gold aventurine cushion....so 100% Murano. The design of the canes suggest 1970s - 1990s to me.

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
If you crop then make your longest dimension 700 pixels (from a high-res photo), that usually gives you a good size.

• Members
    • USA
Hello, thank you Lustrousstone for the pixal translation and crop suggestion. I did both but maybe there is a pop up blocker on my computer or something bc when I go to post the picture "nothing happens". I think you can all get a good view as is.....thank you for your feedback.

Alan- "Gold aventurine cushion". Thanks for the proper language.

I appreciate the help!

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Did you use the attach facility under the reply box?

• Members
    • USA
Yes, thank you-just tried again. When I hit "submit" the page stays the same but the uploaded photo that is on the "ATTACH" (below) dissappears. Before when the pics were too big the submit took me to a new page that informed me the photos were too large for upload. This time it just does "nothing". Oh well. Not important at this point since I was able to get some pics up and an answer from you! THANK YOU!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand