No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Mystery Set 68 trinket pot in green - any advance on Rosice 2598 variant yet?  (Read 2610 times)

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
Lidded trinket pots similar to Anne's  Mystery Set 68 pots in pink (as shown by Anne on GTS) and now in green, both with the characteristic crescent lid finial . Diameter of both pots just under 4 inches.

Just to put this into the forum for those GMB members who may not have encountered Mystery Set 68 before, and identified by Anne as a potential variant on Rosice 2598.

To quote from www.glasstrinketsets.com :"This pot is very similar to the Rosice 2598 but there is a slight size difference and the different lid finial design of course. So far we're not sure if it is a Rosice made piece, we're still searching for proof".

Are there any more opinions or potential attributions yet?

(Permission for re-use of the images on the GMB granted by  scoriolady10 and julesbitsnbobs )

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Nothing more as yet Fred. I have one of each pot (crescent one courtesy of t'other Anne) and they are the same but for the finial. Just wish I could find a catalogue image of the finial one!
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand