Author Topic: Vasart Monart ink bottle or neither ?  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Gary

• Members
Re: Vasart Monart ink bottle or neither ?
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2012, 07:27:14 PM »
The type of base on Ysart glass is one helpful way of putting a time span on when a certain type of base was used. http://www.ysartglass.com/Ysart/IDguide1.htm
The type (one) on Kevins bottle was in use only on early Monart (circa 1924-1929) and used through out the Vasart period.
Gary

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2012, 06:09:20 PM »
This is a quote from myself in earlier part of this thread " I am in no doubt that Kevins Ysart bottle is not the Monart shape HE. ", I would like to retract that statement, further research into the variance of particular Monart shapes, it has shown me there can be a wide variance in dimensions from two pieces with the same shape and size code, which opens up the possibility of Kevins bottle being the shape HE.
I  still believe this was not a regular Monart production piece, for the reasons give earlier in this thread "the positioning of the canes are poor, they are up and down and not in a straight row and not what one would except in a piece of Monart"
Gary

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2012, 10:28:42 PM »
Thanks for that update, Gary.

I hope that one day we will see something that helps to tell the true story of this bottle. :)
KevinH

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand