No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Goldberg or Moser?Amethyst cologne Acid Cut Back gilded panel birds/flowers  (Read 22792 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Just adding another 'phoenix pheasant' to the reference guide  ;D
A clear cut faceted lidded box on Glaskillian's site with the same oroplastic decoration
listed as Steinschonau
http://www.glaskilian.de/Deckeldose-Steinschoenau-um-19.653+B6YmFja1BJRD02NTMmcHJvZHVjdElEPTYyMDEmcGlkX3Byb2R1Y3Q9NjUzJmRldGFpbD0_.0.html

m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline azelismia

• Members
    • The Gilded Curio; a personal collection
Re: Goldberg or Moser?Amethyst cologne Acid Cut Back gilded panel birds/flowers
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2012, 10:09:07 PM »
Mike, I thought there were examples we saw at both Harrach and PMC of the harrach oroplastic. You should look over your photographs. I hadn't heard of it before the trip but I was pretty sure we saw a ton of examples on the trip. I think I also remember seeing some examples in the haida exhibit at pmc but I didn't get good photos of that area. I got to that area of the museum after dark and the light kept going out on me and there was that creepy area with the pit and I've read WAY too many horror and murder mystery stories to not get a little freaked even though it's totally irrational, so that area didn't get properly photographed. LOL.

Pg 366 of the harrach book has examples of various patterns used. Rudolf schwedler was the designer

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2012, 10:14:15 PM »
hello and thank you for the additional information :) - Since you haven't mentioned it I presume none of the oroplastic items in the Harrach book are of the Pheasant/phoenix decor?  But I am interested that you saw some in the Haida exhibit at the Passau - do you know if there were any id's for the maker of this particular decor or were they just classified as generic Haida please?
btw did you see the link I gave to another vase you posted a long while ago?  I saw a similar one sold recently which might help your id.
regards
m

Offline azelismia

• Members
    • The Gilded Curio; a personal collection
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2012, 02:58:58 AM »
I really don't remember, Hopefully Mike will have pics from that area.  Actually I hadn't seen the original pics of the piece being discussed. I was looking for the pk conversation and found this :) I'll take another look in a few minutes (I am currently maine coon'd and can't move a muscle)
ah ok, she moved. I don't see it in the harrach book. I'll take a look thru my pics and get back to you.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
And another one - no photo.
I saw a really huge footed bowl (I guess around 40 cms 16") in baby blue milk glass with a band of oroplastic gold decoration and the letters VERA. It looked like a shop window showpiece and may have had a lid - it was just too unpractical to keep around the house. It was also too expensive. The colour and the shape were more Empoli than Czech - but as these things go, it could be anything. . .

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Thanks Ivo :) do you think it was old i.e.30's old, or 60's.  I'm only asking because everytime I see baby blue milk glass now I think of Portugal  ::)  mind you, not sure how the word VERA fits.  I had a quick look round but didn't manage to find anything to compare.
m

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
I only associate light blue opaque with Portieux, Boom or Empoli - not with Portugal. It looked a bit Belgian 1950s.

Offline andrea

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • moser
    • canada
here is another piece with the same design

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Hello Andrea, welcome to the board :)
thank you for posting pictures of your vase.  Do you have any thoughts or clues as to the maker at all?
We're slowly building a library of the pieces with this decor.  I hope we will get an identified maker at some point.
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand