No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Goldberg or Moser?Amethyst cologne Acid Cut Back gilded panel birds/flowers  (Read 22739 times)

Offline Jayne

• Members
    • Trinket Sets, Uranium, Varied,
    • England, UK
No worries m, I had no idea there were so many pieces in this style. :)
Please help identify Mystery Glass Trinket Sets
https://www.glasstrinketsets.com/Gallery/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Probably by Adolf Rasche (Haida) circa 1930 then.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Mike M

• Members
    • http://www.manddmoir.com
M

You are definitely on the right track

At Passau right next to the oroplastic piece with your 'phoenix' pattern they have another example of the ebay item you listed.

The black silhouette pieces are from the same area and hence probably share similar blanks.

Ivo - the Adolf Rasche attribution is fascinating -I've never seen any oroplastic work by him have you ever seen an example?

It would be great to tie down these patterns to a maker

cheers

Mike

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members

Most items are identified as Moser even if they are clearly by Hoffmann or VSL -I guess it is force of habit which perpetuates misattributions.  The only one I have been able to pinpoint is
http://www.papilio.cz/en/archiv.php?aukce=a20&pol=5778&PHPSESSID=912073be9f35e0f297bf449f362b40bb

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Mike sorry, just for clarification is it the green vase and decor where there is a similar piece to mine in a museum or is it the Steinschonau black silhouette perfume you were referrring to please?
Ivo, fantastic, I presume that is Adolf Rasche's mark.
The one you linked to is the same decor as the green I think?  I have asked permission from the owner of the green to be able to put that on the board.
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Permission has been given by JCthekid to put his photos on the board.
pics should be attached.

Offline Mike M

• Members
Ivo - thanks for that link very interesting!

M -here is the best picture I managed -it was in an unlit cabinet in the basement of Passau -
NB - I do have permission to show/share my Passau photos.

And yes the vase I was  talking about (to left of 'phoenix') - was like the green oroplastic that you have show above not the silhouette pieces. Hopefully you can see in the murk and back refections!

cheers

M

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
one more pic of another part of the decor.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Thanks Mike - very exciting to see those vases.
Ok, is the oroplastic decor on the bullet shaped vase definitely like my cologne though?  sorry but it is terribly hard to see the pictures on photos of this decor I find.
if it is, then we could tentatively surmise (just possibly) that the two pieces derive from the same place - i.e. If the decor on the amethyst  vase in Mike's cabinet photo matches the decor on the signed AR Haida piece, and if AR stands for Adolf Rasche
then it is possible the 'phoenix' oroplastic cologne is an Adolf Rasche piece.
That would be fantastic.
m

Offline Mike M

• Members
Well we can get a little closer

Adolf Rasche did sign with a conjoined AR but this particular signature variant I can't trace.

So high probability that green piece is Adolf Rasche -well done Ivo -and very likely the one in the bad Passau picture is Rasche too. I've always reckoned each pattern was a particular maker/refiner.

Yes the one next to it is one with the 'phoenix' pattern  -sorry it was very difficult to get anything photographically useful from that cabinet.

Alas the cabinet is just a mish mash collection of Haida region glass makers doing oroplastic type work -mostly unidentified -we now know one is likely to be Rasche and I've identified another -off picture as Ortel -

Unfortunately the style of oroplastic design is quite different between 'Phoenix' and the Rasche.

So very sorry we are not quite there yet

cheers

Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand