No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Goldberg or Moser?Amethyst cologne Acid Cut Back gilded panel birds/flowers  (Read 22794 times)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
M, in case it's useful, the book on Czech Toilet Glass, Shranky Vuni, by Jitka Lnenickova & Petr Novy, gives the following as some of the producers of oroplastic decoration:
W Kralik in Lenora,
Moser in Karlovy Vary,
Harrach in Novy Svet,
C Goldberg in Novy Bor

Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Mike M

• Members
    • http://www.manddmoir.com
Gosh

Interesting she's added in Harrach -not sure I've ever seen or heard of Harrach Oroplastic decoration. But if Jitka says so I'm sure she's probably right.

If Brian is looking in, or Alica -have either of you seen Harrach oroplatic design? -it would be nice to know what it looks like.

cheers

M

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Thank you Anne  :)
m

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Mike, there is a photo of one piece with oroplastic decoration in the book attributed to Harrach - it's more open than other designs though... 
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
I have a question & it concerns the answer the OP received from Moser pertaining to the OP's piece shape/form. Because of this piece I started reading Baldwin's Moser Artistic Glass II & Baldwin clearly states that Moser was top heavy in their decorating department & frequently bought high end blanks from Harrach, Meyrs Neffe, Muhlhaus & Loetz for use in their decorating department. Now if Balwin is correct these shapes/forms would not have appeared in Moser records as Moser shapes/forms & is it not feasible that these pieces "Ask" Moser are disclaiming could be from the Moser decorating department & were in fact sold as Moser? Also would this not lead to instances involving multiple firms blanks such as Harrach being found with oroplastic decoration ?  Ken     

Offline Mike M

• Members
http://www.ebay.de/itm/OERTEL-Glas-Bonboniere-Glasdeckeldose-/200811686382?pt=Glas_Kristall&hash=item2ec14f29ee

M
Just adding this to your reference list -a nice piece with apparently original label -Ortel

Ohio
from my experience with the Moser people they would count as Moser pieces of Moser work on others blanks. Also Baldwin isn't 100% accurate -having said that its an interesting list of potential blank makers. I didn't even know Muhlhaus ever made blanks!?

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Thanks Mike - I wonder if we can get a picture from the seller for reference here after the listing has gone?
I have to ask given Ken's comments from the book, how much do we think Moser would have been using other people's blanks during the period Oroplastic designs were prolific (1920's?) - I had supposed it would be the other way round with other decorators using Moser blanks if anything  :-\
m

Offline Mike M

• Members
Hi

Actually quite a complicated question

I think it was in 1922 that Moser took over Meyr's Neffe -I'm not sure how big Meyr's Neffe was in 1922 but in 1900 they were big! Which suggest to be Moser were indeed buying capacity (as well as designs etc).

The oroplastic pieces are probably all after 1920 -they registered the term in 1919. Looks like most designs though were after 1922.

So their need for blanks probably changed a lot in the early 20s -and so that doesn't help much

sorry not to be more usefull

M

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Mike thanks for the further explanation - btw there are two pieces of glass with oroplastic decoration under Harrach in Truitt's page 67 - both have dancing maidens on them.
m

Offline Mike M

• Members
ah ha

Harrach Oroplastics !

Although I tend to challenge most books for accuracy both Deb T and Jitka are amongst the very very best.

So as far as I'm concerned case proven - I'd just not seen/noticed examples before.

thanks

Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand