No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Franco Moretti Satino  (Read 2651 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Franco Moretti Satino
« on: July 12, 2012, 11:11:15 AM »
Small satino vase in orange and blue with satino finish - label to base 'Franco Moretti' - I have googled but can't find much info - any ideas on date or range name?

Thanks Adam

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Franco Moretti Satino
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 10:03:55 PM »
I suspect it may be a perfume missing it's stopper.  I have a triangular shaped one in green with a lilac rim and  a large red stopper but mine is not satinato.
m

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 02:51:40 PM »
Thanks I should have checked. I knew it didn't look right. eBay again, that's more than a few times I have been stung. But it's my fault for not looking properly. Ah well!

Adam

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 04:40:12 PM »
well the delight of these perfume bottles Adam, is that you can add a different coloured stopper and whether satinato or tranparent they look fabulous (as long as the stopper is the right size of course)...it wouldn't matter either whether it was tall and thin or short and round or pointy, whatever, as long as it was a different colour and fitted, they look fab.
m

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 04:19:16 PM »
I have been stung

Me too Adam, it is easily done.

I bought this very same perfume along with a second example a few months ago at a flea market. It was only when I washed them that I noticed they were perfumes and not vases - the inside of the necks were ground to accept stoppers.

I then sold them together on ebay as "perfume bottles missing stoppers", this was stated in the title and the description. They were bought, separated and then sold as vases. Both you and another buyer were stung in this way by that seller.  If it was me I would demand my money back including postage, I have noticed over the years that the seller has a track record of misleading descriptions.

John

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 05:03:04 PM »
Thanks John. I think I will Complain but ultimately keep it and hunt around for a stopper. I'm in London soon and will try and get to some of the markets.

Adam

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 05:22:02 PM »
Adam I'm sure if you contacted one of the contemporary glassmakers, who do perfume bottles regularly, they might make a stopper for you or grind onwe they already have, to fit.  You will need to send it to them of course and that all adds to the cost. Personally I'd hang out until you find one with a stopper and return the 'vase' to the seller.
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand