No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Archimede Seguso Vase  (Read 2808 times)

Offline Mister Loco

• Members
Archimede Seguso Vase
« on: July 28, 2012, 02:06:25 PM »
I saw this beautiful vase advertised for £95/$150, purchased it and collected it yesterday as the seller wouldn't post it.  It is 16cm tall and in perfect condition.  It has an etched Archimede Seguso Murano signature on the base, ruby red inside and what looks like gold peacock feather adventurine outside.  The seller works in a retirement home and he saw the vase there in a bric-a-brac sale for £1/$1.57!!  He knows nothing about art glass but he could see it was a quality item.  He was pleased with the profit he made from me and I was thrilled to buy such a fabulous example of the master's work.  Hope you like it too.

Offline horochar

• Members
Re: Archimede Seguso Vase
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 10:11:46 PM »
Gorgeous.  Nice find.

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 10:22:31 AM »
Very nice piece, I love this colour and style. I would assume this is one his later pieces due to the engraved signature. Although he do this style of the glass back in the 40's if I remember correctly. Great find!

Offline Jayne

• Members
    • Trinket Sets, Uranium, Varied,
    • England, UK
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 10:56:23 AM »
Super piece, love it!
Please help identify Mystery Glass Trinket Sets
https://www.glasstrinketsets.com/Gallery/

Offline Mister Loco

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 05:50:01 PM »
Thanks for your kind words.  I was wondering how old it was.  Any further info regarding its age would be most welcome.

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 11:16:09 PM »
Lovely piece but I would be surprised if the signature was authentic. Might have been a young assistant that did this but I am most probably being kind. AS signed only his best pieces and mainly for things like major exhibitions or limited runs.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline Mister Loco

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 11:18:57 AM »
Lovely piece but I would be surprised if the signature was authentic. Might have been a young assistant that did this but I am most probably being kind. AS signed only his best pieces and mainly for things like major exhibitions or limited runs.

Thanks for the replies.  I've sent the photos to Bonhams London as they give free online auction valuations and will be interested to see what they think.  Fingers crossed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand