Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: Pressed glass frosted uranium green cake stand epns stand branches pattern  (Read 603 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
Those are butterfly cakes!  ;D
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
yes - in a rush and couldn't remember the name of them  ;D

Offline Jayne

• Members
    • Trinket Sets, Uranium, Varied,
    • England, UK
Nice cake stand! I saw one a few weeks back in pink, wanted to buy it but it went way over my budget! The stand and button look very different though, and the flutes aren't there.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item20c666dd32&item=140767583538&nma=true&pt=UK_Art_Glass&rt=nc&si=jjEsk8sS9bFmSdR5vZT4kVHSCio%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Jayne thanks!!
So, did Bagley do that pink?  Mine is not shiny on the inside it is frosted as well as on the outside btw.  That stand, the one I saw had more similarities with that (maybe the same?) apparently on a Bagley Cakestand but I couldn't check the link when I clicked on it to see if it really was. I'm sure my stand is original to the plate and I honestly don't think it's been off the plate before I unscrewed it.  And my green is near as darnit if not identical to what I think is a Bagley frog but if they didn't do pink then I guess that might be the decider  :-\

Offline meegs

• Members
I too have one of these plates . I have it displayed with a few pieces of Uranium Bagley and it is a good colour match in different lights with the Bagley pieces. I perceive however as being a  much more solid plate than the other Bagley cake plates I have.
I picked up the plate by itself at a flea market so the stand is not original.
Cheers
meegs

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Thanks Meegs - I meant to reply but forgot, I took it outside yesterday in the sun, and I could see a tiny difference ion colour as well - I wasn't sure though whether that was the U factor in the one and not the other, and thank you for comparing to your plates :)
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
well it might be just that I never look for these things but here's another in pink and I'm getting suspicious - maybe wrongly.

Apparently with this one, according to the blurb, when you've finished with it you can just 'fold it up' and put it away  ;D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-Beautiful-Old-1930s-Vintage-Shabby-Chic-Frost-Pink-Glass-Petal-Cupcake-Stand-/120960047991?pt=UK_Art_Glass&hash=item1c29c7db77

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Why are you getting suspicious?
I think it's pretty handy that
It's nicely embellished with an ornate glass top.
Quite a handy embellishment for a cake stand!

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
rofl
well only because suddenly we have a collection of them.  And it's not been on the board before.   Also I have to admit to being astonished that the top of it is also frosted. I would have expected a good design to be frosted underneath and plain on top - but perhaps that is too complex a process in terms of producing the glass?
Having said that, it really does look as though my stand has never been off the plate in fairness.

m

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
It's probably just something nobody has ever bothered to ask about or just that you can't find the thread. A lot of stuff is frosted on top. It probably just means the whole thing was either dipped or blasted - much cheaper to do it all.

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand