No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Tudor crystal hock/wine find.  (Read 2644 times)

Offline keith

• Members
Tudor crystal hock/wine find.
« on: July 30, 2012, 07:18:56 PM »
Just found a set of four of these,a present not mine,looked them up on 'crystal replacements' to find the pattern name and they want $43.99 each,works out to £111.68! so less than £20 quid for four was a good deal me thinks :o ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ming

• Members
Re: Tudor crystal hock/wine find.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 12:14:03 AM »
Sorry Keith. I have to say £5 each for these cut glasses is too much. The pattern is not exciting enough. If you use the price they charge at Replacement Glass for your glass collection you will be a very Rich Man.
Never walk away from a bargain

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 12:39:34 AM »
Hello Ming,I wouldn't buy from them,it  only worked out at £4.50 per glass,all in perfect condition and as a present for someone thought it was a good deal,see you at the next fair? ;D ;D

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 11:50:38 AM »
.........and of course you're going to add this pattern to the C5 Crystal glasses site, aren't you Keith ;D ;D  -  and just out of interest what is the pattern name??
I presently have two more drinking glass patterns that I now have names for, and which will be added to the C5 site some time later today  -  one of which, coincidentally, is a Tudor Crystal wine/hock............the pattern name is 'Catherine III', which according to Replacements Ltd. is a discontinued design, so I've no idea when it was in production.         Tudor Crystal (as a name) is apparently still being used, although it's passed through many hands over the past decades, including Thomas Webb.          This one cost me £0.25p, but I have only the one.             Hope you don't object too much to me adding couple of pix of my example. :) 

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 02:10:25 PM »
Hello Paul,no objections to seeing more glass! the pattern is 'Raleigh' no idea why,what's the C5 crystal site,that's a new one on me,I did email Tudor to see if they knew when they stopped production of this pattern but still waiting ;D ;D

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 02:22:59 PM »
It's one of the GMB's data sites - C5 being the gallery for crystal glasses (drinking glasses in the main).         You'll need to register and then log on, and you can post pix of your vast collection of lead crystal cut glass pieces - the idea being (in the long run) that we have a better data site for these things than Replacements Ltd.            Of course, this does depend obviously on input from Board members  -  so anyone with C20 cut glass drinking glasses, preferrably with a backstamp ..........Your country needs you.
P.S.   They look better if tweaked/edited in Picasa ;)

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 08:45:56 PM »
Thanks for the info' Paul,those glasses are bubble wrapped and packed away the only other crystal pieces are a couple of Stuart whiskey tumblers which are used only for the finest single malts!;D ;D

Offline Ming

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 04:50:02 PM »
Coming Keith. These glasses are not for anyone except you. You just put them on the shelf just like rest of your stuff.
Today l  went to Fieldings  to sell my Italian decanter l bought last month . Not bad est as well. 10 times what l paid for it. You should try it someday Keith. So l can buy more later on.
Never walk away from a bargain

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 05:53:37 PM »
Keith - if you ever get to unpack them, I'm more than happy to post pix on the C5 site for you, if you can send me some half decent images to start with.          Don't really want pix of unknown pieces - I've more than enough of those of my own which I'm struggling with!!     Seeing a mention of the word decanter  -- lucky enough today to find a copy of Andy MacConnell's book without getting another mortgage.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 12:05:34 AM »
Ming,honest they are packed away,I don't collect drinking glasses,everything else but,you know I've been getting better at controlling myself ;D ;D ::)
Paul,I've already got them bubble wrapped,boxed and on the way to their new home so no pic's available,sorry ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand