No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this Eric Hoglund?  (Read 2585 times)

Offline angel2

• Members
Is this Eric Hoglund?
« on: August 03, 2012, 01:33:11 PM »
Hi all!

Can anyone tell me if this is a genuine Eric hoglund bottle? My doubts are due to the plastic stopper, although I believe that plastic stoppers have been used on vintage Scandi bottles. Or am I mistaken? Any help as always gratefully received.

a2

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Is this Eric Hoglund?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 02:45:12 PM »
It is the italian version of the people decanter - not the real thing. There seems to be some confusion as to who made it, and why boda would let it pass. Another mystry yet to solve.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 03:54:58 PM »
Blatant rip off and a poor copy at that, cheerful enough but nothing to do with Boda. Another train of though is they could be Japanese made.

Arms should be applied and not moulded, stopper should be solid with no plastic thingy. Would expect to find a polished pontil mark on base along with an engraved number.

Several variations of the design were made, a real one here: https://picasaweb.google.com/Johnmj100/ErikHoglund#5556223501044291298

John

Offline art-of-glass

• Members
    • Online shop
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 05:28:50 PM »
Deffo Italian. The odd one has cropped up here and there with a red 'Made in Italy' paper label. :-)

Dan

Offline angel2

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 06:04:03 PM »
Hi!

Thank you all and John - thanks for the image of the real thing, there's no comparison in quality. At least I now know for sure.

a2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand