No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need help with blue vase. 1930s and american, I think.  (Read 613 times)

Offline ks85

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • IA
Need help with blue vase. 1930s and american, I think.
« on: July 06, 2012, 08:56:41 PM »
Hello, I have a couple of these vases as well as a matching pitcher and was wondering if anyone happens to know who made them.  It is approximately 9.75" tall. 

I did happen to find one online, however the seller was also unsure of the maker.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230812246819?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I am thinking hazel atlas but am not certain.  Any help would be much appreciated. 
Thanks for looking.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Elizabeth1212

• Members
Re: Need help with blue vase. 1930s and american, I think.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 12:51:15 AM »
I don't think it's Hazel Atlas, the glass is too nice. ;D
please check here: [LINK REMOVED], I see some resemblance.

Mod: Links to clicksnipwow removed as site is no longer connected to glass. Please visit http://chataboutdg.com/forums/ and use the search function instead.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline ks85

• Members
    • IA
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 03:13:49 AM »
Thanks for the reply Elizabeth.  I could not find a matching vase by Louie glass yet, but I think I may have found a pitcher of theirs that matches mine.  It's not with me so I can't check tonight, but I am pretty sure its identical.  Thanks again.

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 06:11:23 AM »
Correct its not Louie nor Indiana or HA as far as I found. Here is the problem with these vases...they appeared in significant numbers in malls & were originally thought to be an unknown Louie line that was recently discovered, however the Louie vases known were all ribbed in the body & therefore that attribution was discarded. I am not certain they have ever been attributed, but admittedly I have not kept track of recent developments. They still can be found today in malls.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline ks85

• Members
    • IA
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 03:24:09 AM »
Thank you very much for the info Ohio.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand