Author Topic: Info on this John Deacons weight please  (Read 356 times)

Offline Nick77

• Members
Info on this John Deacons weight please
« on: August 05, 2012, 02:19:02 PM »
I've just acquired this very nice John Deacons weight, there seems to be very little info on him on the web. It has a signature cane in the base JD 1999. I have another weight and have seen others by him without canes, does this show it was a special/limited edition piece?

Can anyone point me at any reference work on his weights either online or in print?

many thanks
Nick

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • My Paperweights Website
Re: Info on this John Deacons weight please
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 03:23:06 PM »

Hi Nick.

I don't know of any specific reference work that deals with your query, but I think the great majority of 'better quality' pieces have a date and signature cane.  By better quality, I mean the lampwork weights, overlays etc, as opposed to the simple spoke and milleifori style pieces.  You could always email JD and ask!

Alan
Alan
The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton. Please feel free to contact me direct if you do not agree with my comments and do not wish to make your concerns known by posting in this thread.
 http://www.pwts.co.uk

Offline Nick77

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 03:28:17 PM »
Thanks Alan, I haven't been able to find a website for him with his email address, is there a site or do you have his email?

Many thanks
Nick

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • My Paperweights Website
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 03:43:55 PM »
Hi Nick

I have sent you an email with relevant information. Craig Deacons is a member of this board, by the way.

Alan
Alan
The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton. Please feel free to contact me direct if you do not agree with my comments and do not wish to make your concerns known by posting in this thread.
 http://www.pwts.co.uk

Offline Nick77

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 03:47:59 PM »
Hi Alan
Many thanks
Nick

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Enter key words