No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Whitefriars Aqua 9828 nipple vase  (Read 4697 times)

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
Re: Whitefriars Aqua 9828 nipple vase
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 02:22:40 PM »
Puzzled Patrick? if you meant to say 100% made at the factory why did you then add 'nice vase though'  :)

Chris

Offline palo400

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 08:20:37 PM »
Thanks Chris

More photos of the vase with kingfisher strap, aqua lobe and green bubble vase, more green than blue I would say.

Both this and the meadow green Nipple Vase (on the Whitefriars.com link) where purchased from a glassblower who used to work at Hartley Wood. I'm sure that there are no know fakes of this type of vase but me and the owner are no experts and I know he has had this for many years.

Thanks for looking

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 09:03:07 PM »
An interesting piece Nigel, nothing like Kingfisher like you said pretty sure it's an experiment with colour that went wrong, looks closer to cased aqua which was a full lead crystal colour than anything else.
Pretty sure anyone with the other 4 will fancy adding this one to their collection should he decide to sell.
Chris

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand