No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Nason Bird  (Read 3105 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Nason Bird
« on: August 08, 2012, 05:43:31 PM »
Bird with blue and green tinge, seller told me that it is uranium but I don't think so, its more a gentle sommerso effect. Has plastic label for V Nason and Co. I would put this bird at 80s early 90s what do others think? Not marked to base which I think is pretty usual. I bought with a few others pieces in Camden Passages. I am in London for a week visiting. Dissapointed with the Passages, not much there now. The seller did have some fantastic studio glass, some large and beautiful Peter Layton pieces but at £400 each I couldn't stretch to it, so had to settle for a few small things.

Adam

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Scotland
Re: Nason Bird
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 06:16:52 PM »
He does look similar to mine. Yours could well be Nason.

Adam

Offline Mister Loco

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 07:14:40 PM »
We also visited Camden Passage recently and were disappointed.  Bored looking stallholders and disinterested shopkeepers.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 10:35:36 PM »
I tried Camden Passage a couple of times - unless you're selling gold/silver or items under £10 no one is much interested, hence the bored expressions!

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 02:44:40 AM »
I think your time estimates are right, Adam. There is one of this shape in the Murano Zoo at http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/birds-9. The one in the zoo is in the familiar brown dorsal blush. Yours doesn't look like uranium glass to me. Black light will tell the truth here. I don't know of any of these ducks that had uranium, so I would be surprised if it glows. But I've been surprised many times in my life.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 06:47:08 AM »
My dove does; just the green bit, which spreads very thinly up his head and over his tail. Can you check Adam please

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Scotland
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 08:17:55 AM »
The woman in the shop tested it when I bought it, I didn't see much glow - however she was positive. I don't have a light to test it with - must buy one for my glass in general. That is exactly my bird in the Murano Zoo, different colour as you say. I must post my animals to this site, I have a few Murano animals.

Adam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand